Old Photos

John G. Milburn Home at 1168 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo New York, where President McKinley died early on the morning of September 14, 1901. Photo's from the Souvenir Historical Book, Buffalo's 125th Anniversary 1832 to 1975

Delaware Park Casino, Buffalo, New York

Original built in 1875 and demolished in 1900.

Opened in 1901

Delaware Park Casino was originally built in 1875 and demolished in 1900 for erection of the present casino which was opened in 1901. While the Delaware Park Casino is visited by few people today, in the late 1800's and eraly 1900's it was a busy rendezvous. Photos from the Souvenir Historical Book, Buffalo's 125th Anniversary 1832 to 1975

New York State Building

The New York State Building became the permanent home of the Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society. Built of white Vermont marble in Greek Doric architecture, the building is similar to the Parthenon at Athens. Designed by George Cary, it was formally opened August 6, 1901, and is the only remaining building of the Pan-American Exposition. It was enlarged and re-dedicated in 1929. Photos from the Souvenir Historical Book, Buffalo's 125th Anniversary 1832 to 1975

Baringhaus Family Photos

From the Baringhaus family album. Taken around 1915, believed to be the Buffalo area.

Western New York and Pennsylvania Railroad

This Western New York and Pennsylvania Railroad photograph bears the following information on the back:

"Date and place unknown. Possibly Olean or Buffalo, NY.

W.N.Y.&P. (Western New York and Pennsylvania) 0-6-0 No. 81. WNY&P ran between Buffalo and Emporium. Absorbed by P.R.R. in 1905
Date may have been prior to 1900 judgeing by the link and pin coupler.
Note push pole lying across pilot beam. Usually hung from lower side of tender.
No pilot wheels and slope back tender indicates this is a yard engine. 10-22-84 (OWB)"

Home Delivery

A 1918 photo of the A. Milligan's delivery wagon that brought milk and ice to customers. The store was located at 236 Triangle St. South Buffalo. Milk was a nickel a quart and would keep cool during deliveries using ice, sawdust and tarps. The dairy was sold to the Rich family in 1939. The coal, coke and ice business ended after natural gas came into widespread use.
This photo is out of  The Buffalo News.

Back

Top of Page