- .Sears first large general catalog was in 1896
- The Book of Modern Homes and Building Plans, appeared in 1908.
- Architects designed 447 different houses, for Sears
- Sears sold over 100,000 homes, between 1908 and 1940.
- Home ranged in price from $107.00 on up into the two and three thousand dollar range.
- A number of these homes still exist in Western New York.
- In 1923, Sears introduced two new specialty catalogs, Modern Farm Buildings and Barn.
- Sears had three different expense levels to appeal to customers of differing means.
- Sears homes were very popular, selling 324 units in May, of 1926.
- For more information about the Sears Modern Homes click here.