The Academy of Music, as it looks on the layout, was located in downtown Buffalo. Built in 1852 on Main between Seneca St. and Swan.
The theater could seat 2500, and was originally called the Metropolitan, it was changed to the Academy of Music in 1868. At the time it was thought to be more fashionable. At the turn of the
century it became a vaudeville house, and in its last years, the building was used as a second-run movie house.It was demolished in 1952 to make way for the Marine Trust Co. building. This photo shows the theater in the
late 1800s. This photo is from the Yesterdays section of the Buffalo News.